Friday, January 20, 2006

After a brief hiatus

I'm back! It's been a while since I've updated and about 1001 things have happened since my last post. These include a wonderful trip to Disney World with Bear, yet another cross country road trip and most recently, moving into my little house in Abingdon. I've been waiting to post Disney pictures but they have to be sent to me and they haven't arrived yet. (Ahem.) I'll be sure to slap those up here as soon as possible to provoke your envy and contempt.

On account of a major snafu that was in no way, shape, or form my fault, I had to drive across this crazy nation of ours yet again. Nobody does 1500 miles in two days like I do. Seeing as how I made this trip with my Mom, hilarity definitely ensued. The apex of this, however, was definitely what we found in our hotel room our first night in Abingdon. Ma tells me that we've been given a room that only has 1 king sized bed, but that it does have a jacuzzi tub. Fantastic! What's not to love about a hot tub after a 22 hour drive?! Well, we go to our room and upon opening the door, I see exactly what's not to love about a jacuzzi tub...when it's in the middle of the room. Seriously. Where the other bed would have been had there been 2 queens was a rather large whirlpool bathtub. Upon seeing this, I began laughing so hard that my knees buckled and I fell over which left my mother, who was behind me, to stand there wondering what was so funny. Once she stepped over my still laughing body and saw what exactly I was in hysterics about, she also dissolved into a fit of giggles herself. Perhaps it was the fact that we had been on the road for two days straight or maybe it was just too late at night for our brains to comprehend the logic of a bathtub in the middle of the room, but we laughed ourselves silly about that night. Ma offered that perhaps it was the honeymoon suite. I wondered at the likelihood of people honeymooning in that particular hotel in that particular town. Nonetheless, it was a very, very good time.

No comments: