Monday, November 13, 2006

The bend in the road...

This year is winding to a close. I wanted a lot of things for this year and many of those things came to fruition and some did not. That's ok.

It's weird how things are changing. I think back to the me of 4 years ago or one year ago or, hell, even earlier this year and I seem so different. A little bit wiser, a little less scared, a little more adventurous. A very long time ago my dad told me that the Chinese have two definitions for the word "Change". One is fear and the other is opportunity. I've tried to look at every change in my life as an opportunity since then and it's served me pretty well. I may be leaving this place that I love but I'm determined to go out in a blaze, not to prove anything to anyone but just because that's what this job and this place deserve: my very best. I have my whole life and career in front of me, the possibilities are endless.

"I don't know what lies beyond the bend in the road, but I'm going to believe that the best does."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been ushered into many of the "next steps" in your life. It's hard to leave fun places and cool people for the unknown, but every time it's happened, you've moved on to another period of growth, and you've NEVER regretted it. If anything, regrets have only been about staying too long.

Love you.