Saturday, July 07, 2007

This is no longer my problem.

There is a girl who satellites around my world. I don't particularly care for her company but I have no real dislike for her. She doesn't inspire any type of passionate feelings in me one way or the other. A while ago this girl pulled me into a room at a party to basically clear the air between us. Now, the truth is that, yes, she bugged me. Yes, I was upset that she had a job and I didn't. After having this discussion with her, however, I decided to put away any negative feelings I had for this girl because she had the guts to come and talk to me. That didn't mean that I was going to be her new best friend, but I thought "Hey, ya know what? Any reason I have for disliking this girl is fairly petty and I don't need to carry around toxic feelings." So that's what I did. Anytime I saw her after that in public I was civil to her. No, fuck that, I was downright nice to her! I engaged her in conversations, I asked how she was doing. I gave this girl no reason whatsoever to believe that I still harbored any ill will towards her. I thought this issue had been resolved.

Now it comes to my attention that she is still under the impression that I hate her. Not dislike, but HATE her. She recently told a very good friend of mine about a dream she had where I pushed her down a hill. My pal, lovely gal that she is, commented that she couldn't imagine me doing something like that to anyone to which this girl replied "Yeah, well, except for me." Later this girl came up to my friend and starts saying that she wasn't trying to say anything bad about me, blah, blah, blah. My friend told her that they would be having a very different conversation if this chick had said something bad about me. So now I can't help but get the impression that this girl is spouting of to anyone who will listen about how much I hate her.

Now, I'm a little miffed because I was under the impression that we'd cleared the air. I can only be led to believe that this is now just an attempt to turn herslef into some sort of victim. "Oh, feel bad for me because Amelia hates me. Meh! Meh, meh, meh, meh, meh!" Unfortunately for her, this is now solely her problem. I'm done being nice to her if she's going to believe that it's not genuine. I'm not going to waste any of my time making sure that someone I don't really care about knows that I don't despise her. I mean, since she's going around believing it anyways, choosing to ignore what I have already told her, it makes absolutely no difference how I actually treat her.

The other thing that melts my butter is that I don't hate people for no reason. So I also have to wonder what she has done that would make her believe that I have good reason to hate her. If you're not doing something wrong, stop acting like you're doing something wrong. Know what I'm saying?

Ugh. She should have just left it alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm sure it was more than a little disappointing to her that you were willing to resolve the problem so easily. I'm not sure if she's a standout in the company, but if not, this may be her way of keeping people's attention. If she already has it in other areas, well, quite honestly, that would make her a greedy attention monger.

S did this to me when I found more important stuff to talk about than her skanky backstabbing ass. I never forgave her, but I stopped dwelling. She resorted to blatant fabrication and serious innuendo to suck me back in. I waited her out and she finally quit.

I got the last laugh anyway, all those folks that believed her bullshit came to find that she is a liar and I of course have immensely more character. They all looked like fools for being so damned gullible.

I now also possess this fabulous standing of being beyond repreach if someone tries to gossip about me.

Anonymous said...

Reproach.