Monday, October 29, 2007

F&%# YOU, NBC!!!!

Ok, several of my favorite shows are currently on NBC. The Office, 30 Rock, My Name is Earl, etc. Up until fairly recently iTunes was selling all of these shows but apparently NBC had the idea to obscenely increase the cost per episode. (iTunes episodes cost $1.99.) iTunes of course refuses to even ask their costumers to pay $5 per episode so NBC say "Fine! Then you can't play with us anymore! MEH!" So...surely NBC won't be that horrible right? Surely they'll give me a way to catch up on episodes I miss, right? You betcha! NBC makes new episodes of their shows available for free on NBC.com! Ok, that's pretty cool-except the bastards at NBC make that website slow and hard to maneuver. It took me like five minutes and several attempts to figure out how to watch an episode of The Office tonight. Oh, and the back button doesn't take you back one page, it takes you back to the home page. Also the shows are broken into chapters which means that at random (not the originally built in commercial breaks) the show just stops and I'm forced to watch commercials. So the website just generally sucks, ok? But at least it's free. That's what I thought until I found out that's only temporary. At some point in the future, NBC will start charging $4.99 per episode. PER EPISODE!!!!! That's not like a season pass or anything. You bastards, NBC!!!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!

On a complete tangent: This last episode of The Office is quite possibly my favorite episode of the series.

Oh, D!

Awesome.

No comments: