Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fornication is one of my favorite words.

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about the Showtime show Californication so I finally decided to buckle down and watch a few episodes. I'm here to say that it is not too bad! It's actually kinda bad ass. Any program that involves phrases like "finger bang", "in the pooper" and features shots of a woman clocking a guy in the face during sex is something that at least deserves a bit of my attention. And if you are fond of shows with absolutely despicable main characters you will find plenty of reasons to like this show. Bonus: Lucy Davis makes an appearance and I think she's swell!

The only check in the negative column? The opening is so totally lame and douche baggy "L.A." that it makes my skin crawl. There are also some transition things that make me want to put a pencil in my eye. I guess I got spoiled with cool opening credits like Dexter and Lost that my standards are somewhat high.

Boo to bad opening credits! Yea to tv shows that show me something new!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off the subject, but I just watched the Teaser #2 for Wall-E on apple.com. While I'm not so much into "cute", it's so damn adorable, that I thought my face was going to implode.

Anonymous said...

DAMMIT. Comma splice...