Friday, December 28, 2007

"Turbulence is life force. It is opportunity. Let's love turbulence and use it for change."
-Ramsay Clark

As the year winds down I find myself, like everyone else, reflecting on the past 360 some odd days. Looking back to see what I've learned, how I've grown, ways that I've changed. 2007 was... a less than easy year and while I'll be glad to put this beast to bed, I'm also extraordinarily grateful for the things that have come to pass.

I've learned to be a bit more self reliant, to take a bit more responsibility, to forgive a little easier, to protect myself a bit better, to go after what I want. I've seen that with the people that really matter, time and distance will not affect us. I've experienced incredible love and support. I've forged friendships that mean the world to me and I've seen some others fall to the wayside.

I'm looking forward to what the New Year has in store. It seemed, for a moment that 2007 was wrapping up to be be one of my more craptacular years, but certain...surprises in the past few weeks have forced me to amend that belief. I'm in a good place. Life is very pretty right now.

To any and all who happen upon this blog: I wish you all the very best of new years. Take care, be well and safe, and keep checking in to see what my silly ass is up to. The door is always open. Happy New Year!

No comments: