I'm a fan of surprises. Surprise birthday parties, even though I've yet to be at one that really worked well. Unexpected gifts or visits. Surprise visits are the best! Having someone pop in for a spell? Fantastic! Surprise endings? Love em! Shanghai Surprise? Bring it on!!
Every now and then I find myself in the position where I am well and truly surprised by someone. They exhibit certain behaviors and I draw certain conclusions and just when I think I've got them pegged and I've worked myself up into an unimaginable tizzy, there they go and surprise me by turning my hypothesis on its head. Obviously, sometimes this can be bad. A skeezeball will slip past the radar and it hits me like a Mach truck. WHAM! ASSHOLE!!! Truth be told, this is more often than not the case. Maybe I'm not the best judge of character? And perhaps, in the recent past, I've started to become aware of this and have maybe been on the watch for it? "Ojo al charque" as my Dad would say...
So you can imagine my surprise (Ha! Surprise!) when someone comes along and surprises me for the better! I expect yucky behavior, I expect the worst, the nasty, the ugly. And what do I get? A big heap of lovely!
Well played, Tres. Well played indeed, kiddo.
A/N Umm... yeah. A Google Image search for "surprise" leads to some very... interesting images. Blech.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment