As we settle down in true American fashion to celebrate a holiday by stuffing our fat bellies to the bursting point, I wanted to take some time to actually express gratitude at the, for lack of a better term, blessings in my life.After seeing two people I know lose their mothers, I am extraordinarily grateful for the fact that tomorrow night my mother and father will both sit down at my table with me and enjoy Thanksgiving dinner for yet another year.
I'm grateful to have the type of relationship with my brothers that allows me to miss their presence at tomorrow's dinner and wish that they were both home with all of us instead of scattered to the winds.
I am yet again, and shall always be, grateful for Huck especially when we're on the phone and I say something to her and she goes "Welllllllllllll..." It makes me happy.
I'm grateful to be in a position where, as the weather gets colder, I can give at least one formerly needy animal a warm bed, a yummy homemade meal, and lots and lots of belly rubs. I wish I could do more.
I'm grateful that that lump turned out to be nothing.
I'm grateful for Shot, who has provided countless laughs, good advice, self-esteem boosts and the occasional well placed kick in the ass when I need it. Happy Thanksgiving, buddy.
I'm grateful for the fact that I get to be around as Q becomes the woman she's supposed to be. It's honor to watch her grow up.
I'm thankful for green chile, Satellite coffee, real tortillas, Dion's pizza, Mom's homecooking, AmerAsia dim sum and many more things that make living and eating in the Burque worthwhile.
I'm grateful for poems from Sassy and thankful that she and all the other dressing room gals are my friends.
I am so thankful for Kiki and Frank. They give me the courage to keep trying even when I get scared or when the PRC is being a pain in my ass.
I am grateful for Karaoke.
I am grateful for Disney World in February!
I'm thankful to be happy, healthy, and loved this Thanksgiving. To you, dear readers, a wish to be warm, well fed and content as tomorrow's festivities come to a close and the hope that you'll really pause to ponder the things in your life for which you are thankful.
2 comments:
PRC? The people's republic of china? They giving you shit too? You totally made my thanksgivin blog too.
Hey, what about Guitar Hero? I have now played on two occassions and look forward to the day we play in a guitar hero girl band:o) I'm also grateful that the lump was nothing!!!!!!!!
Diana Barry
Post a Comment