Sunday, November 13, 2005

Don't call me a quitter

I quit smoking four days ago. I admit however, that I had what is commonly known as a "slip" last night. I met Huck at the bar where she works and I had a smoked a few. HOWEVER- this is not a relapse, merely a slip. The funny thing I'm noticing about this quit is that it's not necessarily the smoking that I'm missing. I mean that I don't sit there and think "ARGH! I REALLY WANT A SMOKE!!" More than that it's a feeling of anxiety and a shortness of breath. I've found that chewing a piece of gum helps a lot and driving around and singing my face off is also excellent therapy. I also joined a website called quitnet.com which is designed to be a support system for those that are trying to quit. It gives me neat facts like how much money I've saved, how many cigarettes I haven't smoked (which is a little scary) and it tells me mow much lifetime I've saved. I only joined yesterday but already I've saved an hour of my life. Oops. Well, probably a little less since I did cheat. Oh bother...

To those few folks out there who read my blog: Please forgive me. No doubt that in the coming weeks this will most likely become a forum of my successes and trials as I work toward becoming a non-smoker. However, relish in the fact that this will most likely mean several entertaining stories about tantrums thrown in the grips of nicotine withdrawal. For my friends who read this blog: I will need your support like never before and I apologize in advance for any crankiness you might bare the brunt of. I love you all!

Alright folks. On your mark, get set, QUIT!

No comments: