Things that make me wanna crawl back into bed and pull the covers up over my ears:
--Doing laundry
--Taking out the trash. Huck can attest to this. When we lived together I NEVER took out the garbage. Sorry, Huck. I'm an awful roomie.
--Coming home to find something else wrong with my little house. I walked in this morning to find my kitchen flooded. Water everywhere. I just sort stood there and looked at it. Then I called the plumber.
--Waiting literally all day for said plumber to come over. Today is my one day off and I spent it waiting for this guy. Sheesh
--Waking up and deciding to make a cup of coffee and then spilling wet coffee grounds all over the place. Sigh. I shoulda known it was gonna be this kinda day.
--Feeling like Sarah, plain and squat. I haven't felt this homely in quite some time. Double sigh...
--Taxes
--Only having one day off. It's impossible to do everything that needs to get done and veg out.
Now in the interest of playing fair I will also list the things that put a big smile on my face:
--Homemade strawberry shortcake. Yum!
--Bear came over today and saw the mess in the kitchen. He left and came back with a mop and a bucket, a giant package of NERDS candy, and a little toy pirate. There's few things in life that can't be made better by candy and pirates. That's a scientific fact!
--Finding out that maybe you weren't as bad at something as you thought you were. Bear gave me a stand mixer for my birthday and I've been trying to become a better baker. Baking is such an exact science and it has always proven difficult for me. But I've been baking away (and forcing that poor man 'o mine to eat the results) and it turns out that I'm actually not too shabby. I made a fairly impressive coconut cake yesterday. The trimmings from that cake have provided me with the aforementioned strawberry shortcake. Proving yourself wrong can be a beautiful thing.
--A full fruit bowl. I know that sounds odd, but I'm ten times more likely to eat fruit if it's attractively displayed as opposed to sitting in a drawer at the bottom of my fridge. I went to the store today and restocked mine. It looks very pretty.
--Doing good work. This season started off kinda rough for me. But I feel like I'm making progress and growing a whole bunch. Being proud of what you do is good for the soul.
Whew. Today was a bit of a mess but I'll go to bed tonight and tomorrow will, indeed, be another day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment