Sigh... Sigh with a capital "S"
Life is currently very beautiful in my neck of the woods. There's work which is going well, I believe, and that's all I'm going to say about it right now. It's getting to be that time of year and I don't want to jinx myself.
I spent the day as follows:
Woke up about 11am. Today is my one day off a week and Bear and I stayed up late last night watching Season 2 of LOST.
Bear went to partake in manly pastimes with the fellas (football) while I stayed home and got sucked into the movie "In Her Shoes". When Bear came home around 1:30 I was still in my bed clothes, rolling around on the floor watching this silly movie.
Showered, got dressed, and went to the market to get fixings for potstickers. May-May's Birthday party was today and I offered to bring the aforementioned treats. We made about 90 of them. Whew. Potstickers are pretty easy to make but they have to be assembled by hand. By about number 60 I was beginning to feel like a robot. Bear asked nicely if we could make extra so that we could have some to snack on tonight which accounts for the large number. I, of course, said yes because... well... it's just about impossible to say "No" to that boy. So 90 potstickers it was!!
Bear, F, and I loaded ourselves into the car and hightailed it over to the party where the potstickers went over like gangbusters. Hooray! Sass brought this rockin' jello salad, which I know sounds like a contradiction in terms, but believe me it rocks. Anyhoo, I had three helpings of it and would have had more but just couldn't fit it in.
Now we're back home and Bear is watching tv and sneaking potstickers from the fridge while I type this and life is good. I was thinking about it today and I'm very, very happy. I'm peaceful. That's not to say that I'm not excited or that there are no thrills in my life, in fact it's just the opposite. Yes, I worry about my job and yes, I wonder what will be the future fate of Bear and I if one of us doesn't come back next year but fall is on it's way and the leaves are starting to change and I just ordered 2 awesome pairs of shoes from zappos and won a cute skirt on ebay and I'm working on a show that I love with people that I love and it's easy to get wrapped up in all the lovely and not get too engrossed in the ugly.
And that's all I ever really want: enough lovely to make the ugly not seem so bad.
I mean, isn't that what everyone wants?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Q: What do you do if you give in to a random boy that waltzes up and asks for your phone number (explaining of course that you're not into dating at the moment, and he says it's cool and perhaps just coffee), but the first time you talk to him on the phone, it occurs to you that he is um, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. Seriously. G.A.Y.
Am I the victim of a practical joke? Or is he just on of those poor, unfortunate staight boys that set of the false gaydar alert?
I'm so f'ing confused.
I have to hang out with him now,
I MUST KNOW THE TRUTH.
Or perhaps there is such a shortage of hags that gays boys have resorted to "picking" them up?
Post a Comment