Saturday, September 17, 2005

You know how I feel...

I'm currently listening to a track from the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas soundtrack. There is some dialogue before the actual song which is "Get Together" by The Youngbloods. Hunter S. Thompson is talking about San Francisco in the mid 1960's and what was happening in that area at the time. Something about this little bit of a monologue is inspiring. So I guess my current mood is just that: Inspired. Although, truth be told, I have very little to be inspired about. Life is a little stagnant right now.

However there are a few very wonderful things in life right now. They are as follows:

1.

Yes, the picture is blurry and out of focus, but I love it nonetheless. I think we look quite fetching.

2. Fall. Autumn is coming. I can smell it in the air and I can feel it in the breeze. I didn't think anything could be as lovely as autumn in NM but this is quickly dashing that argument to bits.

3. Work. I'm working. And while I don't have a whole lot to do right now, it's much more than a lot of people have and certainly much more than some will ever have.

4. Corduroy lounge pants from J. Crew. Seriously I may buy a pair in every color and just live in them.

5. Good music. Aqualung, Kanye West, The Killers, Nina Simone. Even better than good music is...

6. People introducing you to new music. Those songs are then forever connected to that person. I will always remember the first time I heard "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone with Danny, up in his room, him singing the lyrics full out in all his fabulous glory.

Six is nice even number. We'll leave it at that for now.

No comments: