I had a dream last night that I was taking part of some type of tribunal. KT was leading the shin dig and kept making me go do various tasks that were slightly dangerous and scary. Every time I was done with one of the aforementioned tasks, I would come back only to be told to head yet again. I remember that KT was dressed in full chief attire complete with headdress and beaded accoutrements. Final after my last excursion, she finally deemed that I was done. I gratefully turned to leave and that is when I noticed it. As I turned I realized that something about my body was different, something was not how I remembered it being. I looked down at myself and noticed that I was a good 9 months pregnant. My belly was swollen and round and my hands instinctively flew to my midsection in a protective gesture. I rubbed my hands over my new physique and realized that the baby was crooked. It was laying funny in my belly and I was overcome with an intense worry for my child. When I looked up I saw Wolf standing in front of me. I told him that something was wrong, that my baby was laying crooked. He just smiled and put his hands on me and said "Oh no, honey. He's setting just fine. He's setting right he needs to be." It was at that moment that I realized that I was carrying...Bear. Somehow, in the midst of this dream world my subconcious had created, I had become a mother...to Bear. And I realized then that all of the trials and tribulations that I had gone through had been to prove my worthiness of being his mother. I think they were going to take him away from me if I failed. The only part I remembered upon awaking this morning was being pregnant. As the day has worn on more and more bits of the dream have surfaced in my memory.
I can't for the life of me figure out what this dream means, but I know that I never felt more love and more of a need to protect than I did for that baby. Something is lurking underneath the filmy layers of my conciousness and I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps someday soon, this pesky dream will allow its secrets to be deciphered. Until then, I'll just have to satisfy myself with the fact that I am awful cute when pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment