This morning I received an email from oldest brother saying that the company he works for just declared bankruptcy. The slew of supportive emails began and in mine I mentioned that perhaps this falls under the "Everything happens for a reason" category. The following are the transcrpits of the emails that my middle brother and I began to fire at one another:
First P shot back:
"That whole "everything happens for a reason" thing is starting to piss
me off. What the hell was the reason behind my painful testicular infection?
Character-building? Great. I've got plenty of character now. All
stocked up. No more pain, please."
Then I responded with:
"No, but maybe it's to tell you that if you don't start
taking some responsibility for your health and start
treating your body like it's a temple and not a toilet
then all you have is 50 more years of things like
testicular infections to look forward to. This from
the girl who smokes and mainlines soda on an hourly
basis..."
He quickly fired back:
"This family is going to kill itself quickly."
To which I replied:
"Whatever. Stop being so fatalistic. I'm cleaning up my
act when I go home. I'm not 16 anymore! Did you hear
about the new iPod that plays video? I was just
thinking that that would be a very cool idea for Apple
to put into the works. I'm totally pyschic! Haha!
Jav, are you enjoying this little back and forth?"
Finally P tied it up with:
"Jav's the one being fatalistic. He's not responding to these emails
because he's hiding under his bed weeping."
These emails were going in rapid succesion with barely minutes between them. We may as well have been on the phone. It was very silly and very fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment