My life has been taken over by the never ending search for a place to live next year. I have looked all over this little town and have found almost nothing. The only thing I did find was a fantastic condo that was out of my price range and WAY too big. I'm just one girl, I don't need three floors of room. It was pretty pimp though. However, this is all leading me to believe that when I do find a place it will be the perfect one for me.
Huck found out that her ex got married recently. Always a bit of a blow. For whatever reason, whether we admit it or not, I think that there is always some hidden part of ourselves that hopes/wishes that we are the end all be all of our ex's life. There is some bit that almost wishes for that other person to never be as happy with someone else as they were with us. The happening of a marriage proves otherwise. It's strange that even though I had no desire to be with my ex ever again, my heart still broke just the tiniest little bit when I heard that he got married. I wish him well and I know with completely clarity that we were not meant to go past the point that we did, but damn, my high school sweetheart got married. As self centered as it sounds, it's a blow to the ego to know that he is over me, completely and totally, and the knowledge that I am not the love of his life hit with a resounding thud. Ugh. That's so icky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great analysis of how one feels when they find out an X got married. You encompassed the feelings as if you were stringing the words straight out of my heart.
Post a Comment