Monday, March 06, 2006

Inhale... exhale...

Oh god. I so have nothing to say right now. There is an element of pressure to constantly have something witty and fabulous to say but sometimes the well runs dry. My life has been abut trying not to suck in the shows I'm in, sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fail and I still think that I'm the weak link in one of them. It has also consisted of trying to quit smoking, trying not to blow up like a balloon, trying to be a good daughter, friend and girlfriend, a good cook, a good housekeeper, a good host. There's been a lot of trying to be "good" lately. It's a little exhausting. The crappy thing is that I'm not sure if I'm succeeding at any of them. The pressure to be brilliant is pressing down a little hard today.

Sigh. Tomorrow, Bear and I are going to try to watch as many episodes of The Sopranos as humanly possible. I'm gonna get up, go for a run and maybe try to perfect that chocolate chip cookie recipe. Maybe while I spend the day curled up with Bear the pressure will ease up a bit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying to be a "good" anything implies that you think you aren't naturally. You can always try to be better, but never think that you aren't good...hell, you're wonderful.

Earhart said...

You're my favorite person ever.