...when your significant other comes to you with a fear that they have about the relationship, however silly it may seem to you, the correct response IS NOT to turn the whole thing around and blame it on them. The correct way to deal with it is to talk to your partner and quell the fears if they're unfounded and to tell them the truth if they're not. It is not, I repeat NOT an option to make them feel even shittier than they already do and to act like you would rather die than talk to this person right now. It isn't ok to let someone that you love continue to feel badly about themselves because you don't want to be inconvenienced with it at the moment.
In other news I had a dream last night that Huck told me she didn't want to be my friend anymore...
All in all, it hasn't been the best day yet. Huck, if you're out there, you still love me, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jesus Christ! Are you on drugs? Do we need to have an intervention? Even your subconscious is not allowed to toy with such ideas unless overt substance abuse is the culprit. Of course I still love you...
Shit-bags are shit-bags. No amount of wanting them to be other than shit-bags will make it so. I suggest some serious shit-shoveling in your immediate future. Here's another clue, when you are not as significant to your significant-other...it's time to dethrone him.
Ugh. I'm not even gonna dignify that with a response.
Post a Comment