I was eating a delicious ice cream sandwich and Bloop! A small dollop of creamy goodness fell onto the mouse. P would greatly disapprove. He was very strict about not having any food near the computer. But it's Sunday evening and I wanted to tool around the internet and eat an ice cream sandwich, damnit! I'm an adult, even if I can't eat something without making a mess.
In other news, our scene shop caught fire yesterday. This is a pretty epic disaster. For anyone out there who may not be of the theatrical persuasion, a Scene Shop is where sets are built and kept until being transported to the theatre. Needless to say for a scene shop to catch fire is a fairly disastrous occurence. Thankfully, most of the set for Second Samuel was in the truck when the fire started and the office where all the plans are was apparently left unscathed. From what I've heard, however, most of the tools are trashed due to water damage and the structure itself is wrecked. Now, I have been responsible for some snafu's here and there but never, no NEVER, have I been at fault for such a tragic incident. That's right folks! This happened because someone fucked up royally. Someone is responsible for lighting the scene shop ON FIRE!!!!! Not on purpose, of course, but still...How shitty would you feel?!?! Can you imagine having to give that phone call to our boss?!?!
YOU: "Hey, sir! How's New York?
HIM: "It's fucking New York. Why are you calling me?"
YOU: "Well...sir...it's, umm, see the thing is..."
HIM: " What the fuck are you trying to say? Quit wasting my time!"
YOU: "Umm, ok...The scene shop is on fire, bye!"
Click.
No amount of money could have persuaded me to make that phone call. No siree.
On a complete and total tangent, I've decided to do some revamping of myself which, among other things, includes giving my smile some much needed dazzle. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow which will be the first one in about, oh, six years. Guess I should bust out the floss, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok, I'm glad that nobody was hurt in the fire because just the fact that the fire occured in a theater would have meant a haunting should occur. Anyhoo, if a fire happened at my workplace, it would be bad .... very, very bad indeed. But then again, I fly airplanes for a living.....
Post a Comment