Today is my birthday.
About three or four years ago, birthdays really started losing their magic for me. No more extravagant celebrations, no more raging parties. More and more the day was losing it's importance, not only to myself but to those around me. Last year I can safely say was the worst birthday I have ever had. I spent most of it on the phone with People in TX crying my seyes out about how no one cared. It's never good to cry on your birthday. It's like crying in Disney World. Yes, we went out and yes it was fun but I kinda feel like four hours of drunken good times does not make up for 20 hours of feeling like crap.
But I digress. Today is the day I was born and while it may not be a matter of national importance, while no one here in VA may even kno... I know. And Bear knows and baby girl and princess and T and K and Huck and my family. I no longer need the balloons and the cake or the alcohol and the hangover...maybe a couple of phone calls and a few brilliant gifts will suffice. Maybe just knowing that at least a handful of people feel that today is special because it brought me ionto the world...maybe that's what birthdays are about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment