Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's times like these when I have to tell myself "Don't be a twat."

Coming back from a vacation when you're unemployed seems is a bit anti-climatic. On one hand there's no stress or rush to unpack and do laundry. On the other hand, there's nothing to do but unpack and do laundry. Sigh...

I think that I've handled this whole no job situation pretty well. I've discussed, and truthfully I might add, how I'm excited to get out and see what else is out there, to experience new places and new things, to learn from new people, etc, etc, etc. However there is also this part of myself that cringes inwardly when I hear about the folks around here starting work back up. There is that little part of me that wants to pout and sit in the corner whining "Why them and not me?" That's when I have to tell myself not to be a twat. I don't want to be that gross girl that people are afraid to talk to because they're scared that I'll say something vile and make the whole situation uncomfortable. No one likes that person. I certainly don't like that person and therefore want to avoid becoming her at all costs. Still... it's hard sometimes.

My biggest fear is that I won't get any job offers and I'll have to see the look on people's faces when I tell them that nothing came through. Gack! It's that look of disappointment and pity that I hate. And then I get defensive and start thinking mean thoughts and I have to tell myself not to be a twat again. See?! It's a never ending cycle!!

My biggest hope is that I get a cool job offer that will teach me a lot and will also let me have two weeks off in November for family time. A job where I'll get to work with cool people, or do something I'm scared of, or improve on areas where I need improving. A place where I'll laugh a lot and be happy. That's the big hope.

That's the brass ring, as they say.

I wonder if "they" ever got let go from a job they loved.

Something to think about...

2 comments:

Q said...

I want it to happen, I want it to happen so bad! I'm pounding my fists into myself over it! I mean, a place to learn and laugh - not the being the twat girl thing.

Q said...

I didn't get thought across properly, but I know what I was talking about.