Since Bear's been gone I've been having trouble sleeping. It started with me being very tired but not being able to "turn off" when I was in bed. Now it's switched over to not being anywhere near tired until about 3 or 4 in the a.m. I don't care for insomnia. I find it tiresome and tedious.
Last night, or this morning rather, I had a horrific dream about zombies... AGAIN!! This has been my psyche's nightmare of choice since my brother introduced me to Dawn of the Dead about 2 years ago. (Before that it was Leatherface from TCM.) Like in every dream it starts with a quickly spreading epidemic of the undead and ends with TERROR!!! This dream was different, however, in that I would lift out of my body and see what other people were doing. At one point, the man I was with (Everyone else had gotten lost or eaten) slipped off to get supplies. (We were in a shopping mall or maybe a train station or possibly a school.) Well, as he slipped off, I slipped up into the air and watched him as he found a barely "live" zombie and began to drink it's blood. For those of you out there who are unfamiliar with zombie lore: This is a giant NO-NO! You don't want any zombie fluids getting near your fluids because that is how you become said zombie. So I basically see this guy commit suicide by turning himself into a ticking time bomb. And the second I see him do it, I know that he's done it because he's going to kill me. This isn't some "If I'm gonna go, I'll go on my own terms!" type of thing. The man is planning on becoming a zombie when he's alone with me so that he can devour my flesh and turn me into the UNDEAD!!!!
Obviously, I quickly returned to my body, which was waiting patiently where I had left it, and got the hell outta Dodge... but not before taking the time to equip myself with some badass weapons. Max Brooks would've been proud.
I have no idea what the dream meant, if it meant anything. I do know that I walked around the house this morning in my nightgown fully expecting a zombie to come tumbling out of the closet... or the bathroom... or the dishwasher. Fortunately, I had one of those shine boosting treatments for my hair so I occupied myself with that for a while to take the edge off. There's nothing like super shiny locks to make a gal completely forget the irrational and illogical fear of the undead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I told K that I H.A.T.E.D. zombies to which he replied, "Well, nobody likes zombies."
No, no, no.
I impressed upon him the extreme emotional duress that you and I have experienced since that fateful night two years ago.
He nodded politely and giggled. It's like trying to explain a color to a blind person.
P.S. I went to becomeanmm.com & didn't think it was all that. I thought it would be funny if you could actually make an M&M look like someone you knew, but it doesn't really work in that capacity.
I KNOW!!! I saw the ad withthe m&m that looked like burt reynolds and I imeediately went to the site. I thought you'd like upload a picture of yourself and they'd spit out an m&m that looked like you.
I was sorely disappointed...
Apparently I can't spell or type...
I didn't want to admit it, but I hoped for the same thing about the uploading photos bit...but I thought about it and realized they wouldn't do a free website that required that kind of complicated software and memory.
Those m&m people are lame.
I still miss that Hilton website with the talking pancake.
Post a Comment