Ok. Let me preface this post by saying to any of my blonde pals out there who might be reading: This post isn't directed at you. You are all lovely folks and I love each of you dearly.
Now let's get down to business. While Bear and I were in WDW I saw a gal, blonde, walking around with a shirt that said "I had a nightmare that I was a brunette." Ummm... is this highly offensive to anyone else?!?! That's like wearing a shirt that says "I had a nightmare I was black." Gross, right? I didn't choose to have silky, espresso locks, I was blessed with them which is more than I can say for the OBVIOUS dye job on Little Miss Bad Taste in Shirts. And in the Happiest Place on Earth of all places...
So my feelers are hurt over this lame girl in her nasty t-shirt and I'm still feeling salty about the whole thing when I turn on the tube to watch 30 Rock and there's Jane Kakrowlsakhfdodiufhi telling Tina Faye that she can't have been serious about becoming an actress because... SHE'S A BRUNETTE!!! WTF?!?!?!?
AND THEN I'm watching The Girls Next Door (a show where I love almost every person but especially Bridget because she's so cute and so sweet and she cries when people are nice to her and her breasts are real and she's the definition of zaftig) and Kendra says that the girls deserve to be on the cover of Playboy because how can one brunette even compare with three hot blondes? Ok, I agree that the girls next door are gorgeous and I'd kill to look like any one of them (even Kendra is who rather gutter snipish as Bear puts it) but come on!
When did brunettes become the red headed stepchildren? Oops! Well... you know what I mean.
Are the blondes in the world starting to feel threatened by brunettes? I mean, why all the hostility all of a sudden? The thing that gets me most about all this is that I know pretty darn well that none of the aforementioned blondes were natural blondes! They've all been dyed to within an inch of their lives. I bet they were that nondescript ashy dark blonde/light brown color too. Hmph!
In the immortal words of "Romance" from the hit tv show I Love New York: Unprofessional.
p.s. I can't for the life of me figure out the difference between blonde and blond. If I've used it incorrectly in this post just let me know. And consider it payback, you hateful bitches!!
p.p.s. I apologize for the rather incoherent nature of this post. I'm tired and a wee bit cranky and Bear's been gone for like eight weeks it seems and it just all got the better of me at 12:28am. Meh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think blonde is feminine and blond is masculine. I struggle with creme/cream and theatre/theater. I tend toward the formers because I just like the spelling better. If you have no reason to choose one over the other, look and style is as good a reason as any, right?
Oh, Brian H. came in AGAIN today. Still no visible reaction to me.
You're not gonna be visiting Pablo next week are you? I'm going to D town for a couple of days.
No. I've got auditions. I should be making some time to come home by the end of the month hopefully. I miss your face!!
Post a Comment