Monday, April 30, 2007

Buon giorno da Firenze!



Observations from Florence:

- Why do Italians call it Firenze and we call it Florence? Isn't that weird? It's weird, right?

-The Duomo, the big church in Florence, the Duomo? It's the ugliest effing thing I've ever SEEN! It's huge and it's made of white, green and pink marble. Don't get me wrong, it's very impressive and it's an architectual wonder but it is fugly!

-Steak Tartare is not, as I believed, raw strips of steak. Rather it's a patty of raw ground beef. And I ate it last night. It didn't taste bad at all but there's been a good deal of ick factor today. blech

-Along with the steak tartare, I also ate some pigeon. My appetite has been outta whack today because whenever I think of food I think of raw hamburger and pigeon. Yeesh!

-The David is gorgeous and massive. I think I come up to about his knee. There's also several other David's all around town but I'm pretty sweet on the one everyone knows. And he's got a fine ass!

Hopefully dinner tonight will be less adventurous. Ciao!

p.s. The above picture is some happy italian grafitti. It's a feesh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're having fun!

I commented in one of my blogs about the whole "places being called something different in every language" as being a little strange when I lived in Spain. My name doesn't change when I introduce myself to others even if they don't speak English...countries and cities should be the same.

Miss you & love you!!!

justplaingroovin said...

Hey amelruh, I'm having a ball living vicariously through you. Rome was divine and Firenze was even finer. Wish you were here! strike that, reverse it:o)
oh...wow....
seanruh