I said goodbye to Italy today. Sigh... Venice was beautiful, even if it did rain all day yesterday. I'm not really sure what people mean when they call Paris the most romantic city. I don't understand how it could compare to Venice. My only regret: no gondola ride. I know it's a silly tourist trap but how can you go to Venice and not ride in a freakin' gondola?!?! It's Venice for Cripe's sake!!
I arrived in Amsterdam earlier today and have already fallen in love with this place. First of all it has more museums per square foot than other European city. Second, it looks like it's made entirely of gingerbread. Third, there's a red light district which is hilarious. Everyone here is ridiculously nice and it doesn't get dark until like 10:30pm. Crazy!!
While I am thoroughly enjoying my travels abroad here are a few things I miss about the old U.S. of A:
- Free Wi-Fi in places like airports and hotels. I kind of feel like it's my godgiven right to surf the web at leisure. Don't ask me to pay 15 Euros for an hour of internet service.
-Water. Sparkling water (the kind with the bubbles and fizz) is what is usually drunk here and while still water is easy to get you still have to make the distinction. "Water, still."
-Ice. Seriously, it's like it doesn't exist on this continent.
Ok. On a completely different note, I'm in my hotel room and MTV is on for background noise and did we know that Brittany Murphy put a song? Did I miss this while I've been gone? I leave for like a week and a half and Brittany Murphy is some huge pop star? What the EFF?!?! Or maybe she's just really big in Holland...
Now on a absolutely different tangent I just saw an ad (on MTV mind you) for one of those phone sex lines. They didn't even try to pretend that it was something else. I mean, there were topless gals in a pool and they were all feeling up on each other. On MTV no less!! I've realized the folks on this great continent are much more free about nudity, specifically female nudity, than back home. I mean, it's all boobs all the time...awesome?
Goodnight!
2 comments:
picture me in the fairfield room saying, i miss her. Cause I do. Have fun and if you see someone resembling Luke Spencer, topple him, tie him up and bring him home as my present.
Those things you miss are some of the only things that manage to survive the blending of cultures...Americans will always be the odd men out for their inability to live without ice and flat water.
And sadly, that Brittney Murphy song has been out for a minute- mostly in clubby atmosperes. I have it on the ol' iPod on the techno mix. Yep, I'm a loser.
Miss you!
Post a Comment