The Czech language was so completely foreign to my ears that I couldn´t even wrap my brain around their word for "Hello". I´m such a failure.
Anyhoo...here's some PRAGUE PICTURES!!!
Prague was beautiful, scary, and foreign. One of the most interesting things I saw were the beggars on the street. They would put a cup or a hat on the ground then they would place themselves directly behind the receptacle, on their knees with their forearms resting on the ground as well. Then they would clasp their hands together, and bow their heads so it really looked like they were begging. Then they would just sit there all day and all night. It almost seemed like they were meditating. It made it very hard not to give them all the money I had. I don't mean to sound all soap boxy but Americans really don't comprehend the level of poverty that exists in other countries. It's weird.
On a side note, Italian beggars are shameless and are not above taking off their fake legs to shake at you for money. Seriously. It happened to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment