Monday, May 07, 2007

Doei, Doei Holland!!

This won't be a long post. I'm on the hotel computer so I can't post pictures and I feel that the posts aren't complete without some type of illustration. And also because large wooden shoes are all over this city and that type of thing provides a perfect picture opportunity!

On a somber note: We visited the Ane Frank House today. Very moving. I cried twice.

On a somber note as well but one that give me the church giggles: They have a monument for all the people who have been discriminated against because of their sexual orientation. It's called the HOMOMONUMENT. I'm not capitalizing that because I'm shouting it. It's really written in all caps. So every time I see it I think about how much the Dutch love gay people. HOMOMONUMENT. And then I think of John Hardy.

I'll write a more comprehensive post when I can tag some pictures along. I hope everyone reading this is well. 'Ta!

p.s. Maybe I'm just appreciating American tv because there's nothing to watch here but the news, but the last two episodes of The Office have been radical. I'm serious. If you haven't seen them already go buy them on iTunes right now. Go! Now! Right now!!

No comments: