Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ok, so, I get the hiccups pretty frequently. I actually get them more than just about anyone I know. To make matters worse, they're usually pretty hard to get rid of. Many of your common hiccup cures won't work on me. *Sigh*

Well, the other day on our way to NY, I got the hiccups on the plane. Now a while ago my mother had the hiccups and I did the whole "I'll give you ten dollars if you hiccup right now" bit. It actually worked on my dear old mom and she apparently stowed that info away. Now...anyone who has met my mother knows that she's a little Bolivian woman with a fairly strong accent. She speaks english quite well but occasionally things get lost in translation. Like when I got the hiccups on the plane.

So there I am, hiccuping away and I see my mother watching me out of the corner of her eye. Quite suddenly she says, rather violently, "GIVE ME TEN DOLLARS!!!!!" I laughed so hard that I disrupted all the people around me. I had to calm down before I could explain to her that it didn't quite work like that.

The other day Owen had the hiccups (which he gets ALL THE TIME! He's so the perfect dog for me!!) and once again, my mother sits there watching him for a moment. Then, once again, quite suddenly and somewhat violently she goes: "BOO!!!!" After I had composed myself, I tried to convey that I didn't believe that worked for dogs the way it did for humans.


Awesome.

No comments: