Wouldn't it be funny if that was the title to this post and then you went on to read it and it was just like a toxically negative diatribe about this, that and the other? I think that'd be funny but that's not how I roll.
So, the weather in The Burque has been so purty lately. It's a bit windy, but we've been rocking warm weather days for the past few weeks now. The added bonus is that everything is beginning to bloom. It makes me wanna go play football and drink lemonade, because you know, that's what you do when the weather gets nice.
(I'm pretty sure that this post is going to be a random blah-blah about things that are tickling my fancy right now. It's not going to be real deep. Just a heads up.)
Ok, is anyone else out there watching Idol? I'm totally addicted to it. In my ever so humble opinion, I'm enjoying this season significantly more than I have the past several. I think there are some really great folks on this year and I think they're thinking outside the box a bit. It doesn't always succeed but it's more interesting to watch than last year. BTW, does anyone else think that Carly Smithson's Irish accent has gotten stronger as of late? It was barely noticeable in the prelims and now it's really prominant. Huh? Also, how fun was it that Dolly Parton was the guest artist last week? Very fun!
Dolly's totally a lady that I'd like to hang with. I bet she's got some great stories about Burt Reynolds. The ladies over on Go Fug Yourself think that the real Dolly either died or retired several years back but that the proverbial "they" have just continued to dress people up like her. It's a sort of "Dread Pirate Roberts" thing, which is hilarious and slightly scary.
I met some friends of a friend this weekend and during the course of our conversation it dawned on me how thankful I am to have at least some knowledge of comic books. Ladies, I'm telling you if you want to be able to hold a conversation with almost any guy these days, you better at least pick up Fables because, trust me, almost every guy you know is reading comic books. At any rate, I'm glad that I had this knowledge because it's been my experience that dudes really appreciate encountering a girl who doesn't make them feel like King of the Dweebs for reading comic books. And truth be told, if you judge guys because they read comic books and you've yet to experience the joy that is a really fuckin' good CB then you should just go home, you judgemental, hateful bitches!! (So much for the daily dose of positive...) So, in conclusion of this topic, I'd like to send out a heartfelt "Thank you" to the folks in my universe who thought to put a comic book in my grubby little hands.
Moving right along, I was at a furniture store this weekend and I saw this really great chair and a half, which is exactly what it sounds like: a chair that is wide enough that it equals a chair and a half. Anyhoo, not only was this a very comfy chair but it also unfolded into a twin size sleeper! Even more cool was the fact that the mattress wasn't your run-of-the-mill sleeper mattress but an inflatable mattress which eliminated that whole bar/spring in the back thing you get with so many other sleeper sofas. I, of course, threw myself onto the thing with great enthusiasm and was pleased to give a very good report. That chair will likely be finding its way to my casita in the near future. Hoo-Ray! Now I can handle four overnight guests, so pack your bags everyone!
I get on these snack kicks every now and then and right now I'm in the throes of a love affair with chips and salsa. A/N I just looked up the definition of "throes" and that word means 'a violent struggle, convulsion, spasm or pang'. Umm... that word doesn't mean what I thought it meant. Dangit!!) Ok, whatever, I'm digging on the chips and salsa right now and very often, I'll throw in a dollop of sour cream and just send the whole darn snack off into the stratosphere!
On a another food related note, during my time in Appalachia I was introduced to and fell in lurve with a steak seasoning named Dale's. This stuff is awesome and truly is the secret to rad burgers. About a month or so ago I had a huge hankering for burgers and set out to buy supplies. But, hey, guess what? Dale's isn't sold in The Burque. I looked in every grocery store I could get to and no one had it. Meh. Double meh. So what did I do? I went to the Dale's Steak Seasoning website and ordered some. Success! I am now the proud owner of a case of Dale's Steak Seasoning and I finally got to have my yummy burgers.
All's right in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
1. I totally agree . . with everything.
2. Get that chair, it's a E<3 and Owen love nest.
3. Don't get me started on chips and salsa.
4. The smell of Spring is intoxicating.
Your living space will definitely benefit from the chair-and-a-half...I wouldn't need my couch at all if I never had company.
You know what I miss some times? That weird creamy, green dipping sauce they serve in Mexican restaurants in Texas. Belle, what the heck is that stuff?
And "throes" works, in a ravenous sort of way. Right?
It is a lime, tomatillo, avacado mix. I love it as well.
Oh my god, Huck, you were totally right!
Post a Comment