Thursday, May 11, 2006

A day in the life...

Here's how my day went yesterday:

8am - Roll out of bed and leave a warm and sleepy Bear so that I can go get ready for our 10am show. (I love doing shows in the morning, however, the 10am ones are the hardest because folks have to be at the theatre at 9:10 for fight call. Sleeping in is a distant memory now.)

10am - R&J starts. Some of the kids are teeny, like 6th or 7th grade. I don't know how appropriate this show is for the younger ones. I mean in the first act alone I get humped by MLB, she gets humped by FG...alot.

11:15ish - I fall down onstage. Yep folks. I ate shit onstage. The worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) part is that this happened right before Juliet drinks the potion. Now as anyone who knows me knows, I can't witness a fall by anyone, ESPECIALLY myself, without dissloving into a fit of giggles. So I'm supposed to be dead on stage and I'm trying with all my might to cease the shaking that is produced by my badly stifled giggles. The funniest thing about this fall is that I'm leaving the stage when I fall. MLB tries desparately to help me out but I just eat it and too boot, I'm grasping wildly at the drop for assistance. Like a freaking sheet of material is going to help me out now. The saving grace is that I was EXITING when this happened so I was able to make my escape. When I exited, I met SH backstage who was laughing so hard, she was bent over. She of course was trying not to laugh which just made the whole thing better. We were all laughing so hard I almost missed my next entrance.

When I told Bear that I fell, he gave me a hi-five. Awesome.

3pm - I fall down AGAIN. This time I was by myself and I actually sustained an injury. I didn't even get to laugh at myself because I was immediately overcome by the pain. I think I jammed my toe pretty bad. It was good for a laugh later, though. Two falls in one day is pretty spectacular. And I woke up today and my toe feels better. Hooray!!

4:30pm - I show up for my two hours of rehearsal. WHAT?!? Yep folks. This is going to be a slllooooowwwww summer. I'm gonna get a great tan this year.

7pm - Bear and I go eat at the crappy Mexican place in town and I get slightly harrassed by the guy there. Bear wonders if he's creepy or harmless and I respond that he's harmless. Bear thinks otherwise...

Two falls, a busted toe, some Mexican food, AI and Lost... all in all, not a bad day. Not too shabby for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had one of those days too! First I smacked the very center to my shin bone on the corner of a coffee table as I wheeled around to a customer that was calling me. There was a bit of cursing involved. The second incident included hydroplaning on a rug placed over an apparently wet floor with a tray full of drinks and wearing four inch heels...I didn't fall...I totally rule.

Hope you got my message last night. "I mean, c'mon dude, you know what an excellent surprise butt-sex is!" Most entertaining eavedropping experience in a while. However, it occurs to me, did he mean for him or the girl?

Earhart said...

Experience tells me that the words "butt sex" and "surprise" don't really belong together. That's not the kind of thing you want to barge into all willy nilly.