Thursday, May 18, 2006

Huh.

Last night was one of those nights that in retrospect you think "How did that happen?"

Rye Bread is in town and being the American Idol fan that she is, we planned to watch the results show together. Well, W heard we were doing that and asked to tag along. Cool! Then S said she wanted to come over as well. Double cool! We hang out and watch AI and we also get into W's episode of Blind Date. Sometime after that, W left to go back home to her husband. The following is what I was refering to earlier: Rye, S and I stayed up talking until like 2:30 in the morning. I haven't stayed up that late in a while let alone with anyone other than Bear and especially not with S.

It was a very fun time. I haven't done that type of thing since I was with my girls back in Texas. I'd kinda forgotten what it's like to have that kind of dynamic in the mix, a bunch a chicks just hanging out and talking shit and laughing all over the place...

It was a good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we have issues with others because it was just never in the stars to become friends. Other times, there are "circumstances" that force us to circle each other, each thinking there is an underlying problem, but it turns out to be a bunch of baloney when we're finally thrown together. Remember how you and I had a very, very mild version of this for the first three years of our acquaintance? People can surprise the hell out of you. I'm so glad that we went to college together...think of what we would've missed! I'm also happy to see that this stupidity is ending with other people in your current sphere.