Sunday, August 06, 2006

Good Things

A list because we all know how much I love them:

1. Having a wicked craving for potstickers and knowing that all you have to do is wander over to the store to pick of the ingredients. Dim sum tastes even better when it's the fruits of your own labor.

2. Cadbury Fruit and Nut Candy Bars. Phew! That's some good chocolate folks!

3. A glass of OJ and a smoke. Don't get on my case for smoking. Huck, remember how we HAD to have a beverage any time we stepped out on the balcony? If we were sans beverage, forget it! It was just as integral to the enjoyment as the cigarette itself.

4. Planning yet another trip to DW with Bear. If for nothing else, it's worth it just to see how happy he gets about the whole thing.

5. Bermuda in about 2 weeks. Enough said.

6. Ok Go videos. If you haven't seen them check 'em out at YouTube.com. The treadmill video is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Their music is pretty rocking too!

7. Having fun at work. This summer has been a little touch and go but lately, I've been trying to bring the joy back into it and ya know what? It's working. Although TMM gets a little tedious at times all I have to do is look around and there's a plethora of people who are willing to play with me. How much fun is that?!

8. So I've been interval training to build myself up so that I can run. Well, the coolest thing about it is that muscles are popping up that I've never seen before! There's a mirror by the treadmill at the gym and sometimes I'll just watch my leg and think "Wow! I have never seen that before!" It's a pretty cool thing to watch your body get stronger right before your eyes. Laugh at me if you will but it's cool, that's all I'm saying.

9. Having a Sunday night off. People who don't work in my field may not understand this, but my week goes Tuesday to Sunday. I have one day off a week and that's Monday. So any unexpected nights off are a blessing.

10. Hearing all about Q's adventures in the big city. Moving somewhere new is always intimidating and Q is bravely doing it. I hope she's having a wonderful time.

11. After rehearsal today I was enjoying a cigarette with Chad and Landon and I completely ate shit on the steps of the Production Building. Like so bad that I face planted into the railing and my shoe almost fell off. It was so bad that the boys had to make sure I was ok. I, meanwhile, was laughing so hard that I couldn't answer. Once they understood that I wasn't responding on account of the laughter and not because of injury that I had sustained, they joined in on the revelry. I stand by my statement that I'm the only person who's day can be made better by taking a spill down a set of stairs.


Alright, I'm off like a prom dress. Good weeks to everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bermuda, yippee! I thought for sure your dad would take you guys to a land-locked dude ranch because of hurricane season. And yes, that balcony was better than the UN summit, many scandals were resolved and begun there in the wee hours whilst smoking and drinking (OJ, Kurrant cape cods...whatever).