Q, I had to post this here so as not to completely overtake your comments section.
Here's what I think: I believe that every person has one or two things that they do in which they are so beautiful, so perfect... it's like watching something that's meant to be. I stated in a past post that even though I don't have the best swimsuit body, I think that me, splashing around in the ocean and playing in the waves, is pretty darn close to perfection. There's nothing "wrong" with it or with me in those moments. I think that dancing (and here I mean dancing in the free style form, not choreographed) is one of those things for you... for most of our little clan, to speak the truth; you, me, Kristi, Huck, etc. It's in those moments, on the dance floor or in a car or parking lot or wherever, that we are our most perfect selves. And why? Because it's in those moments when the beat is pumping and everyone is singing at the top of their lungs and sweating and generally making an ass out of themselves that we lose all sight of self conscious. We no longer care what we look like, what we sound like, if we're being checked out, nothing... it all fades into the background. It's fun with a capital F, it's reckless abandon and it's completely void of censorship. Why do you think we always make such ruckus when we go out? That type of energy is contagious.
That being said, there are those that can spot that energy and try to force it out of themselves. But in order to do that one must be completely willing to make an ass out of one's self. One must forget about all of the people out there watching and just take it to 10. It's all about taking a flying leap off of the edge and not caring whether you crash and burn. That's an absolutely terrifying thing for a lot of people. Heck, it's scary for me in almost every other facet of my life, but I've got a fella here who keeps gently nudging me towards the edge. I think that's where Bird is coming from. He's still under the impression that everyone else has nothing better to do but watch and judge him. In reality people are so wrapped up in watching and judging themselves that he doesn't even register on the radar. I think that the moment he realizes he's not nearly as important as he believes himself to be will be a wonderful day for him. I don't mean that to say that he's not important, he just gives himself too much credit. He's still trying to be Brian Kinney, when he really just needs to sit back and be Emmett...or Michael.
I'd consider yourself lucky, Little Miss. Most people don't ever even find that one thing where they can let their perfect-self shine through, let alone the several that you have.
And I agree, we'd be let some shit fly if we were rocking to the same beat in the same town right now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I do consider this difference lucky because it seems very tiring. I guess the truth behind the converstaion and the entry was I was trying to force an Aha! I could see it and I really do want him to have that healthy revelation. I wasn't being fair. However, I also find the coversation initially ridiculous and very familar to the Bird that said , "current events in a bowl - discuss."
Preach on sista.
Totally unrelated, but equally entertaining; pirate flag dilemma solved. I got a tip that there was a certain flag flown over a certain house on a certain block, so Brian and I went looking for said object (a true pirate flag should be stolen...) tonight. On the first drive by, no flag, but a sign caught his eye on a side street whilst I called my friend about the exact local of our prize. As he hoisted the sign into my car, a crazed, shirtless man came barreling out of the house, screaming. Brian freaked, tossed the sign and yelled "DRIVE! DRIVE! DRIVE!" On a recon mission "a pie", I spotted our target, but as soon as I lifted it from its home, Brian began tearing down the street like a little girl. I was in tow, carrying a 4' pole and flag, laughing so hard my gut hurt, trying to keep my flats on. It was a good night.
And we have our flag.
Post a Comment