Monday, August 14, 2006

A perfect day...

Every now and then I have one of those days that is so great, I know that I'll remember it for a long, long time. My perfect "Texas" day was one of those days. Last 4th of July was one of those days. And I'm glad to say that today was one of those days.

Bear and I rolled outta bed around 9:00am and he made some coffee while I got ready. We were up so early on our day off for one reason and one reason only: player Projects. Incredible feats of bravery done for anyone who will come and watch. I saw some pretty awesome stuff out there today. I saw people being so courageous, it made me envious. Sometimes, I really miss being a Player.

That was followed by going to watch B, Mattie, Frank and Hardy play baseball for a while. This may not seem like the most interesting thing to do on your day off but I can tell you that it was well worth it, if only to hear Hardy say over and over "This is cool!!" It was a perfect little snapshot of summer.

After a few hours of that, B and I came home and napped before heading out to AB's home in the holler for dinner. Smoked salmon, deviled eggs, pasta salad and some fantastic peach ale that rocked. It was so casual and fun, we just sat around the kitchen, eating food and telling funny stories. A perfect ending to an awesome day.

Not too shabby for Amelia...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes me so happy.

Q said...

(sigh) I just love it.