In my youth I was under the assumption that when my birthday rolled around every year all of my wishes would be magically understood by those that cared about me. This, unfortunately, made for some rather lackluster celebrations. It's come to my attention that in order to have the birthday I want, I have to actually tell people what I want or need. So here it goes. Most of these will be absolutely fanciful and will therefore be impossible to fulfill but some are rather practical as well.
1. A nice pair of slippers. I have yet to be able to find a pair that are satisfactory. I would like something cute and functional that will keep my feet warm as I putz around the house on weekends. Also they need to have some type of cushioning for Guitar Hero rocking out purposes.
2. I believe that I would like to either go bowling or karaoke-ing or some combination of the two for my actual birthday celebrations. Some thing very laid back and chill where I don't have to get dressed up, where I can just be silly and totally celebrate the fact that I survived this last year.
3. A trip to Disney World with P. Yo bra, you promised!
4. A chance to get to see some of me friends back East. (I'm intentionally leaving that typo in there because it makes me laugh. It kinda makes me sound like a pirate.)
5. A day at a spa. The whole works: massage, facial, body wrap and whatever the hell else they do when you get one of those packages. It's very nice to be pampered.
6. A nice boy from the UK to call me "love" and "pet" as in "You look quite fetching today, pet." This is a throw back to my BTVS days when I was utterly in love with a bleach blond vampire but I still think it would me smile. It'd also be nice if he was big enough that he could consider me the "Carry and Go" size. Huck told me that she's been referred to as that and I thought it was awful cute.
7. A really awesome mix CD. I don't know why but I think that getting mix CD's as presents is totally awesome. It means that someone sat down and thought about what songs they wanted me to hear and what songs they thought I would like.
8. Some clothing and money would always be appreciated.
9. The collected volumes of "Runaways" and "Fables". I already got caught up on my Buffy comics but I'm still missing these other two.
10. A week long surf camp in Costa Rica. I swear by all that is holy that I will learn to surf this year.
11. Guitar lessons and the time to actually practice and learn. Chicks who can play guitar are awesome and I've been told that I look pretty good holding one. Imagine how hot I'd be if I could rock out!
12. A chance to be in rehearsal again, which is actually going to be the one wish I know will come true this birthday. Let's hear it for putting up a show in 10 days! YEAH!!
13. To be a Barter Player again. It sounds so weird but I do totally wish for this. While I very nearly lost my mind, it was also some of the most fun I've ever had.
14. Some better tops. I swear every day I go into my closet and think "Why does all my clothing look the same? Why don't I have any interesting clothes?!"
15. A really awesome piece of something to put in the large space above my fireplace. I actually saw this gorgeous mirror the other day but I couldn't rationalize spending $1000 on some like that. A THOUSAND DOLLARS!!
16. A dance party with Q, Kristi, Jimmy, and Mattie. My gosh, can those folks effing move!!
17. A really nice watch. Everything I see these days has too many bells and whistles. I want some elegant and classic... with no gold.
18. A personal trainer who'll make me move my butt every day but won't yell at me or call me a maggot or a wuss when I have to do girlie push ups.
19. You know, I would really love to have a team of professional hair and make up folks doll me up one day just to see how flawless they could make me look. But what a disappointment it would be when they left!!
20. To feel like, at the end of the day, that there are at least a few people who are happy that I made it through this last year and that they love and support me and think that I'm peachy with a side of keen just the way I am. Come to think of it, I know that this wish will also come true...
Alright a week and counting! Let the festivities begin!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment