Sunday, December 11, 2005

Bad Habits

I have the bad habit of expecting that people will treat me the way that I treat them. I have the bad habit of believing that because I have boundaries that I would never cross concerning certain things that other people will respect those boundaries in terms of me. I have the bad habit of believing that people will honor the things I ask of them. I hold certain people in certain esteems and when those people prove to be human, I have the bad habit of being hurt and disappointed. I believe that people will think not only of themselves but will take my feelings and my thoughts and my life into consideration when they do things that they know full well will affect me. I have a bad habit of believing that people can truly learn from their mistakes and that forgiving someone for past indiscretions can help them to see the light for the future. I have the bad habit of forgetting that boys will be boys. I have the bad habit of believing that people don't take me for granted. I have the bad habit of thinking that at some point, someone will put my feelings and my needs above theirs. I have the bad habit of believing that saying "Please don't do this" should be enough. I have the bad habit of thinking that people who have hurt me once will do their best to not hurt me again in the exact same manner. I have the bad habit of believing people when they say that they are sorry. I have a bad habit of believing that I mean as much to people as they mean to me. I have the bad habit of not telling people to take a flying fuck when they hurt me the first time. I have a bad habit of taking things too personally.


Alright. I'm done. I had to wallow briefly and now it's finished. I refuse to be long suffering about this one.

2 comments:

not your girl anymore said...

I've taken to the mantra of - if you expect nothing out of everyone, then you are never disappointed by anyone.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. So sorry. I promised myself that I would never tell you about that because it would hurt and I know that the person in question went momentarily and certifiably insane. I just couldn't hold it in. Not from you. Everyone involved loves you. EVERYONE. People are human, and their faults are not necessarily an assult on your wishes, but rather done in spite of them. I know it's a slight and very arbitrary difference, but intentions are everything when your are talking about those you love. Boys are stupid, and it's a good thing we're not...as stupid...most of the time.