Friday, December 16, 2005

something a little off

Something's a little off. Not wrong, just...off. I don't know what it's about. I'm pretty sure Bear doesn't know what it's about. But it's there nonetheless, just sort of lurking in the background, waiting for one of us to make a big deal out of it so that it can spread it's sickness.

This is troubling only because I don't know where it came from and because I really, really thought we were past this. I thought we'd done this whole routine and opted for a different one. Now it's completely possible that I'm imagining all of this and that Bear's sitting in his room, happy as clams. But I don't think so. I think he feels that something is off as well. Not bad, I reiterate, just off. There's like a...a discomfort that hasn't been there in quite some time. Man! I don't want this. I do not want this. We're better than this. Bear and I have been a strong and united front. We've been rad. We've been that couple you wanna be.

Ok, I'm fully aware that I am now overreacting. There's still a very small part of me that freaks a bit when the water ripples. Maybe he's just bored and a little grumpy and maybe I'm bored and a little grumpy. We'll see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...nothing is wrong on my end. i promise. and thought we were past what? out of everything that has happened, two nights of having not much to say doesn't add up to much. everything is fine. i think we both have too much time on our hands and not much to do. and if you think something is wrong with us...TALK TO ME. i'm going to stop reading this thing.

Anonymous said...

furthermore...

i think the fact that we are thousands of miles away from each other might be playing a small role in this weirdness. Silence is easy to read when you are curled up on the couch with someone watching wonderfully horrible of teriffic television. come to think of it, i don't think we have ever had a couch to curl up on. just another of the many reasons 2006 is our year.

the ship isn't even rocking. no need to sound any alarms.