Monday, December 12, 2005

three Hail Mary's and an Our Father

You know that feeling you have when you think about something really stupid that you've done? It's that burning in your stomach, that feeling or shame and embarassment and something else...almost like guilt, maybe? That feeling, that yucky, icky, no good feeling. I've been overcome with that feeling lately. I think about things like work or conversations that I had with people and that feeling comes flooding over me. But here's the thing: I don't think that I really have any reason to feel that way. The situations that I'm remembering are ones that didn't really call for feeing that way when they happened so why am I feeling that in retrospect? Maybe my catholic upbringing i rearing its ugly head after all these years and has decided to give me a heaping serving of guilt and shame. Whatever it is, I don't like it.

No one like feeling like that.

No comments: