Hello all! I got to my dressing room station to find a rather large sprig of basil fresh from Sass' yard. Hooray! She had left some for Mo, AB and I and the lovely aroma of home grown basil lingered in the dressing room for quite some time. It was the perfect summer surprise.
In other news, there was a MAJOR snafu during the show today. Ok, this is going to take some explaining: This show, like several that we do here, is tracked. There is no band in the pit playing because it's all been recorded previously. Occasionally, vocals are also recorded and added to these tracks. Let me also state that we are in NO WAY lip-synching. All of us (or at least most of us) have learned our parts and sing them as best we can. The vocals are tracked because sometimes 20 voices sound better than 10, or because when doing a large dance number it's hard to sustain your notes. Yeah? Everyone on board so far?
So today during the opening number, the dancers are almost done and are coming up to the big finish. All of a sudden the next track is playing. A WHOLE DIFFERENT SONG IS PLAYING!!!!!!! Some people continue to dance and sing. Others just kinda freeze, everybody's confused. Then everyone gets the hell outta Dodge and for like a good 20 to 30 seconds nothing is happening on stage. Now take a moment to actually count to 30 and think about just how long that is to stare at a blank stage that's still fully lit. Go ahead... I'll wait...
DO YOU SEE HOW EFFING LONG THAT IS!?!?!?!?! AAAARRRGGGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! On my god, the entire thing was this slow motion train wreck that just wouldn't stop and each moment just got worse and worse. I was so horrified that I literally ducked and covered. I ran away from the monitor. Thank god I wasn't on stage because I probably would have had a fully body shut down, lost control of my bladder and bowels and fainted in a filthy heap right there. It was a hot mess if I've ever seen one.
Ahh... Live Theatre!!!!
P.S. As far as I know, we still don't have any idea about what exactly happened. However I do know that the boss was there and that my apple throw was FLAWLESS today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment