"i beg you to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. do not search for the answers, which could not be given you now, because you would not be able to live them. and the point is, to live everything. live the questions now. perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."
-rilke
I am trying very hard to love the questions themselves, but it's a challenge right now. I don't like locked rooms and I'm frustrated by information I seek that insists on eluding me. It's difficult to not feel angry and frustrated by this pointless pondering. I have no choice but to imagine the worst possible answers. To try to create anything else feels naive and foolish. I try to tell myself that I can't force the things I seek but so far it's not working...
How can I not seek the answers when all I have is questions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Find something else to do. You need a hobby...
It sounds silly, but I'm not kidding.
Huck! You're supposed to make me feel better not make me feel like a whiny baby!
Meh.
Post a Comment