Sometimes we learn things about people that we know and love that irrevocably alter the way we see them. Maybe things don't change for the worse or even for the better, but they are still...different. Just a little off, a little strange. What's important to remember during these times of change is that we are all made up of a billion small parts. Realizing that one small part of someone is not what we had thought it would be doesn't mean that the love we had for said person is gone. It just has to be moved around a bit to fit inside the new information.
It's so easy to put our hopes and dreams into the people we love. It has happened frequently to me in the past that I place the people I love in such high esteem, that I couldn't help but be disappointed when they forced my view of them to change. It wasn't that these folks meant to hurt me, they were just living their lives in the best way that they could, ya know? The only way they knew how...
I am learning...I am learning that I cannot make people live their lives with solely my best interests at heart. People need to live their truths, their lives. I can't ask people to be uncomfortable so that I can remain snug and protected. It's not right, it's fair.
My point, I do believe that I have one in here somewhere, is that people don't force us to see them in a different light because they want to hurt us or place some type of burden on us. They do it because they just need to be honest with themselves and with us. They are looking for that one person who will say, in the face of big news, "Ok, take my hand and off we go, together."
Q- I know that it's all a bit much right now. Just remember that this isn't your baggage to handle. Your sole purpose is to be a travel buddy. Just grab the hand, hold on tight and off you go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was just clicking on your link to other blogs (weird I never noticed them before)...I couldn't figure out who Tartelette was. You'll have to tell me tomorrow.
Good advice E, good advice. I just got it, and now I know what I need to do. Thanks.
Love,
the mac and cheese barfer
AKA the only person on the planet to make Nutella into a shirt...
Post a Comment