I read somewhere about a woman who jots down five things she's thankful for when she wakes up and again before she goes to bed. That's a hella lot of blessings to have in your life! 10 thiings every day?! Sometimes I have trouble thinking of ONE thing!
Since I'm particularly in need of some good cosmic energy right now (and because I lurve me a good list) I'm gonna throw some things that I'm grateful for on this crazy page and see if they stick!
1. I'm so thankful for Diet Pepsi. Seriously. I have a tendency to mainline soda and I'm so happy that I actually like the taste of this stuff.
2. I'm stupid thankful for the pocketful of friends I've collected through life. Maybe I don't have the most friends. Maybe I'm not the most popular but the pals I have rock to the nth degree. They're the bestest!
3. I'm thankful for good books. I picked up this book called "Twilight" (Don't get on my case about the italics, I can't do italics on Blogger from my computer!) and it was so good that I immediately went out and bought the sequel "New Moon". Now the book is technically for teenagers but I'm taking that the way I take that Harry Potter books are for children. Anyhoo, the book has these bad ass vampires in it and they're the type of people I'd want to hang out. There's this whole scene about them playing baseball! Vampires! Playing baseball!! Too cool.
4. I am thankful for the fact that I am now at the maturity level where I can understand that while my casita makes some strange noises, it doesn't mean that the Boogie Man is walking around on my roof.
5. I'm thankful for my awesome TV tower that I found...ON SALE!!
6. I am thankful beyond compare that in two weeks time, I will be in Mexico with my crazy family, hopefully learning how to surf.
7. I am thankful that I have never become hard, even though my life would probably be easer if I could feel a little less.
8. I am thankful that I have a good head of hair and a natural haircolor that many woman pay top dollar for.
9. I'm thankful that I've never had a ceiling fan fall on my face. Totally true. That happened to someone I knew. She was in her apartment and the fan was going and then the next thing she new it was falling. On her face.
10. I'm thankful for the show "Dexter" on Showtime. I mean, that show is so good it makes me wanna punch myself in the face.
11. I am so unbelievably thankful for the new Snickers Dark commercial with the pilgrim and the viking. It has little to do with Snickers Dark and is very high on the silliness scale. Bravo!
12. Last Saturday, I went out with Huck for early Halloween festivities and while we were out this random fella chatted me up and told me he was an artist. He then proceeded to tell me and I quote "I also write poetry like e.e. cummings but I keep it to myself like Emily Dickenson." Then he gave me his card and I stuck it in my bra. Later on I tried to pull it out but I pulled out my push up material instead. I'm extraordinarily grateful for this entire story.
What are you thankful for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm thankful you've finally decided to add material to your blog again. I've been without reading material for some time now missy!! And I can't wait to get my fat, Detroit pale self down to Mexico to see you crazy guys for a fun time of body surfing and bad sun burns....
Post a Comment