Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh jeez.

So, my show opened tonight and, somehow, in the first scene I skipped a rather large chunk of dialogue. Man!! I hate it when that happens. For anyone out there who's reading this who has no experience whatsoever with live theatre, there are few things scarier than being in front of a theatre full of people and not having any clue as to what your next line is. And it happened to me...TONIGHT!!! Thankfully, the gal I was on stage with covered my ass and the rest of the show went off without a hitch.

In other news, I'm a proud member of something here called the Street Theatre Brigade. We do urban pranks ala Improv Everywhere. We're actually part of the Improv Everywhere network. Today's mission was a spontaneous outburst of dancing in a very popular outdoor mall here in the Burque. At approximately 5pm these evening yours truly was dancing her butt off to the dulcet tones of Michael Jackson.

Awww yeah!

2 comments:

Q said...

To me, that is the worst feeling ever. And then the kicking yourself afterwards . . it just sucks all over. But I know you pulled it out! Get it!

Anonymous said...

Usually the audience is none the wiser unless a look of sheer panic gives you away. What's more noticeable is the whole "line flub-stutter-recovery" deal. It's gotta be next to impossible to focus after doing that.

I could NEVER be an actor. Scary.